Botanical Name: Phoenix dactylifera
Tamil Name: பேரிச்சை/Pēriccai
Hindi Name: खजूर/khajoor
Malayalam Name: തീയതികൾ/tīyatikaḷ
Telugu Name: తేదీలు/Tēdīlu
Kannada Name: ದಿನಾಂಕಗಳು/Dināṅkagaḷu
Dates are one of the delicious fruit and it is the fruit of date palm tree which is mostly cultivated in various tropical regions worldwide and it is widely sold in western countries. The fresh dates come in a small size, the color is bright red to bright yellow. It has many health benefits and many essential nutrients, it has a high amount of antioxidants. It also includes many minerals and vitamins which improve overall health. It is beneficial to control blood sugar levels and promotes the digestive system.
- calories: 20.
- total fat: 0.03 grams (g)
- total carbohydrates: 5.33 g.
- dietary fiber: 0.6 g.
- sugar: 4.5 g.
- protein: 0.17 g.
- vitamin B6: 0.012 mg
- iron: 0.07 mg
- It is a rich antioxidant that helps to protect cells from free radicals.
- It helps to reduce the risk of various diseases.
- It contains calcium, potassium, and magnesium mineral which improves bone health.
- It helps to maintain blood sugar levels.
- It helps to reduce the risk of cancer and also prevents microbial infections.