Botanical Name: Citrus limetta
Tamil Name: மொசாம்பி / Mocāmpi / சாத்துக்குடி / Cattukkuti
Hindi Name: मीठा नींबू /meetha neemboo
Malayalam Name: മധുരമുള്ള നാരങ്ങ / madhuramuḷḷa nāraṅṅa
Telugu Name: తీపి నిమ్మ / Tīpi nim’ma
Kannada Name: ಸಿಹಿ ನಿಂಬೆ / Sihi nimbe
Mosambi is also known as sweet lime and it one of the citrus fruit; it originated in the hills of Nagaland and Meghalaya. This Mosambi tree mostly grown in sub-tropical and tropical climates. The botanical name of the sweet lime is Citrus limetta or Citrus Lumia and the common name is Persian lime, sweet lime, sweet limetta, and sweet lemon. The mosambi fruit is similar to orange and lemon and this fruit juice is famous in Pakistan and India. This fruit helps to remove toxins in your body and helps to reduce constipation problems. The fresh lime is used to make many cosmetic products like soaps, mouthwashes, hair oil, toothpaste, body oil, and more. It helps to boost the digestive system.
- Energy: 180 KJ
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Vitamin C: 50 mg
- Potassium: 490 mg
- Calcium: 40 mg
- It helps in digestion and reduces stomach pain, indigestion.
- Sweet lemon helps to relieve constipation.
- It has a high amount of vitamin C that is used to treat several diseases.
- Helps to prevent peptic ulcers and respiratory problems.
- It has anti-cancer properties that help to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Helps to protect against arthritis problems.