Botanical name: Psidium
Hindi Name: अमरूद/amarood
Malayalam Name: പേരക്ക/pērakka
Kannada Name: ಸೀಬೆಹಣ್ಣು /Sībehaṇṇu
Guava is an evergreen and tropical fruit, rich in high-profile nutrients.
It has a unique flavor, taste, smell, and health-promoting qualities. The flesh of the fruit is white, pink, yellow, or red and contains small, edible seeds. Guava is blessed with many nutrient values by nature. Guavas are sometimes referred to as “super-fruits” because of their high vitamin content.
- Calories: 37
- Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1m
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
- Guava is extraordinarily rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which protect your skin from wrinkles and fine lines.
- Due to the presence of Vitamin A, guava fruit improves eyesight. It is well known for vision health.
- It also helps to relax the muscles and nerves of the body.
- Guava contains vitamin b3 and b6, which helps in improving blood circulation in the brain.
- The juice of raw and immature guavas helps to relieve cough and cold.